Arthritis is one of the most common diseases yet one of the most misunderstood diseases. The term arthritis is not a single disease rather it refers to joint pain or joint pain generally. There are over 100 known types of arthritis, and more than 50 million Americans are affected by the disease.
Osteoarthritis (also called degenerative disease) is the most common type of arthritis. It is characterized by cartilage degeneration. As the cartilage degenerates, it causes stiffness and swelling. As time goes by, the joints lose strength, and the pain becomes chronic. The disease has no cure, but there are many treatments available to reduce the pain and improve the quality of life.
The risks factors associated with Osteoarthritis include; overweight, age family history and previous injuries. It is, therefore, the responsibility of the patient to use different self-management methods to reduce the impact of the disease on them. There are different methods of arthritis self-management tactics for maximum pain reduction which includes; regular exercise, daily routines, and medical treatments.
There are many medical institutions which help arthritis patients manage their pain by the application of the above-mentioned methods and tactics. One such institution includes the Osteo Relief Institute. Here are some of the ways these methods can be employed to increase the quality of life:
- Doing gentle exercises and stretching just before bed will make you feel less stiff by morning.
- Adjusting your position regularly while reading, working, watching TV will also make your body less stiff.
- Avoid using repetitive movements as this will lead to the overuse of one joint which essentially leads to more pain.
- It may prove difficult as the pain will intensify at the moment, but physical activities will help the patient manage their pain.
- Choose the kind of exercises that help build muscles surrounding your joints but avoid applying too much force on the joints.
- Use other acrobatic exercises that will help you control your weight as well as improve your mood.
- There are many medical treatments for relieving arthritis pain, but they come with different side effects (ReporterExpert). You can use NSAIDS, topical analgesics or acetaminophen but you must seek the advice of a doctor to know which will work best for you.
- Use the services of Physical Therapy professional
- Whenever all the conservative methods fail, one can seek medical surgeries.
About Osteo Relief Institute
Osteo Relief Institute is a privately owned medical organization which offers patient care and communication to people suffering from arthritis. The company is based in New Jersey.
The institution boasts itself with the state of the art technology which enables it to provide its patients with cutting-edge pain relief solutions. FDA has approved their technologies.
Osteo Relief Institute’s main goal is to help the patient with their pain management solutions without involving surgical methods. Its treatments are most effective and safest.